Thursday, February 14, 2013

The 'Why'

Hello friends, runners and/or llama enthusiasts! We are so excited about the upcoming Llama Leap and hope you are too! Some of you may be thinking that you are not 'good runners' or that getting up to register for a 5K at 7am on a Saturday is ridiculous, but please know that it is going to be worth it. For you and for the children of Bolivia. It is cool to get a T-shirt and eat some snacks, get a little exercise and hang out with friends. The cool thing is that you are also helping through your participation in the Llama Leap. I experienced Bolivia personally for the first time in January and it was incredible. I forget how blessed I am. I have food to eat. Even healthy food. I have a bed, a bathroom, and a clean home. And if I get sick or hurt, I have resources (medicine, doctors, the ER) to help me heal and recover. These things are not guaranteed and not given to many kids all around the world. I think they deserve to have the same opportunities that we have and that is why we host the Llama leap every year. In hopes that others who care will help while having a lot of fun. You will find out more as we continue preparing for the Llama Leap and the actual day of the event. But I wanted to let you know we are excited to see you all and to help Dr. Jorge and Bolivia! Gracias a todos. --Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment